Family Portrait Session || University of the Pacific, Stockton CA || Anastasia & Sophia




Anastasia & Sophia's
Mini Session



We parked our car and waited for a minute. We had been waiting for over a month to meet Michelle, and finally, the day had come! I heard my phone ringing. It was Michelle's daughter, Melody. "Hi! Where should we park?" I directed her to the tall, thin building we had parked in front of. For years, I had always called it the Clock Tower, only to find out, there's not actually a clock on the building. We see Michelle's car coming from around the corner. She parks and gets out, alongside Melody. They both were smiling brightly. We greeted each other with friendly 'hellos' and hugs, as if we had met before today. 

I took a couple steps back to see the twins. Anastasia had fallen asleep. But little Sophia was wide awake. She looked at me, a little unsure. She would look at me, and then to Melody, her auntie, friend, and right now her protector, should I prove to be a threat that needed to be dealt with swiftly. I talked to her for a minute, and told her how pretty her dress was. It wasn't immediate, but after a minute, she smiled at me with the same happiness as her auntie and grandmother had.

"Yes! One down. As long as we can make one baby smile.  Maybe Sophia would encourage Anastasia to smile too," I thought to myself as Michelle and Melody put the twins into the double stroller they had gotten out of their car. 


We make our way to the park like area of the University. Anastasia is still sleeping soundly as Sophia is intrigued with her new surroundings.

The stroller stops. Michelle applies the brakes. We're ready to start with little Sophia. I turn to Melody and explain that we can take Sophia's portrait while Ana slept. No sooner did the word "portrait" come out of my mouth, did I look to see Anastasia wake up! Her eyes were beaming with joy and she instantly smiled. I don't know how it's possible that a one year old would recognize the word "portrait" from the deep sleep that she was in... But that's exactly what happened! She was ready for her time in front of the camera! 
The girls were awake, with bright blue eyes, and frilly red dresses. They were ready for their photoshoot!




 When trying to photograph babies, we've found the best way to get them to sit still and smile for the camera, is to do the exact opposite. We set them in the grass, let them adjust, and most importantly, PLAY!!

The girls were uneasy at first, but with aunt Melody, and grandma Michelle dancing in the background, (not to mention the two new people they just met,)  it was only a matter of time before they loosened up and fully embraced their new surroundings! 


"Play is the highest form of research." - Albert Einstein


Michelle & Melody, we had the best time with the four of you! These two baby girls brought so much joy to our day! We can't wait to see you all again! 

Comments

Popular Posts