Kyle & Erin's Engagement Session in Historic Cemetery || Stockton, CA



Kyle & Erin's Engagement Session
Historic Cemetery in Stockton, CA



If you were to ask me 6 months ago if I'd ever take photos in a cemetery, my answer would have probably been no. BUT, I'm so glad that if you would ask me that same question today, I can emphatically say, YES!!
Kyle and Erin are getting married this October, with a traditional Irish, hand tying ceremony. Many features of their wedding will include sentimental and Irish details. And as you may or may not know, we LOVE details. Especially when they're personal, and meaningful to our couples. 
So when Erin asked if we would consider doing their engagement shoot in Stockton's Historic Cemetery, I wondered the meaning behind it. 
Of course, my first thought went to the architecture at the cemetery. Although neither Esteban nor I had been there before, I had heard there was some beautiful mausoleums on the grounds. 
I could already imagine what it would look like to photograph Kyle and Erin there. They are so in love and sweet in the way the talk to each other. ANYWHERE they decided to choose for their session would be amazing. 
So we decided to tour the grounds with Erin, to make sure it was what she had envisioned for their day. 
As it turns out... It was PERFECT.
There were several mausoleums that looked like they had been moved directly from Ireland and left there, frozen in time. 
It was exactly what Erin wanted. And because she was happy, we were happy!



The few days leading up to their session was rainy and gloomy. We all wondered if we would have to reschedule. Fortunately, the day of, the rain stopped!
We still brought umbrellas, just in case. But thankfully, we didn't have to use them. Believe it or not, overcast and cloudy is our favorite weather for photo sessions! 
Especially for Kyle and Erin's location. The clouds lent well to the desired look we were going for in with the Castle-like architecture. 
I don't use the word, SWOON, very often, but with these two, I just can't help myself. Their love for each other was abundantly obvious in every interaction they had. 

Kyle and Erin, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision! We had so much fun with the two of you. 

Now we have the wedding to look forward to.
I'm sure they're more excited than we are but it might be close!